Both DITA and Markdown are here to stay! There’s no denying it and it’s actually a good thing.
Both DITA and Markdown serve distinct purposes. It’s important to use the right technologies for the right jobs and avoid creating new silos in the process.
This is possible with a little bit of planning and an open mind!
In June of 2019, Patrick Bosek Presented his case for how DITA and Markdown can co-exist and even thrive in the modern workplace. (Related – 3 Pillars of a Good Content Creation System – How do the different standards compare?)
Who Is This Presentation For?
At a basic level, this presentation is for anyone who needs to use both DITA and Markdown
But who is in this situation?
Most commonly, these companies will be B2B organizations with a relatively complex suite of products, and active development.
Ultimately, this presentation is for organizations that need educated users.
The success of their product is dependent upon their customer’s understanding the product.
- Who is this presentation for? 1:42
- Overview of DITA and Markdown 5:30
- Markdown Strengths and Weaknesses 5:43
- DITA Strengths and Weaknesses 9:10
- Why We’d Want DITA + Markdown 13:05
- System Architectures for DITA + Markdown 17:16
- Patterns For a Few Common Goals 31:34
- Questions and Answers 34:36
What are your thoughts? Is Markdown and DITA a viable option within your organization? Let us know your thoughts and/or experiences within this evolving state of tech comm.