Content can’t independently support itself. You need to have strategies in place to secure your content’s future.
This recording is from the STC InterChange Conference earlier this spring.
As content libraries inevitably grow larger, having systems in place to support that growth is important to ensure maximum effectiveness.
A well-planned DITA implementation supports content growth so that your library won’t collapse under its own weight down the road.
About the Presenter
Velizar is a Customer Success Manager at Jorsek Inc, makers of easyDITA.
He spends his time supporting customers or learning about DITA. Any remaining time is focused on growing the startup ecosystem in western New York.
Moving to DITA provides a wide range of benefits, one of which is the ability to future-proof your content. By creating structured content at a granular level, you are building a flexible content publishing and integration platform.
As appealing as that sounds, most of us don’t have the option to walk away from our past systems and investments in our content. This presentation will focus on how to extract content from your outdated systems and what conversion method makes sense for you.
Attendees will learn the following:
- The benefits of structured authoring in DITA.
- The content conversion process.
- Three methods of content conversion and considerations for each.
- How to prepare for content conversion.
- Content Quality Champions: Single Source Authoring & Simplified Technical English - March 19, 2021
- Delivering Role-Based Content with Zoomin & easyDITA - March 19, 2021
- How To Boost Your Documentation Review Process - March 12, 2021